Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How much longer?

This is the most common question I get. The answer: we have no clue!

I actually got the birth certificate yesterday. I'm happy to have it, but was alarmed to see a different name listed as the birth father. Not just a different first or last name, a completely different name and occupation. My heart sank as I immediately starting wondering how long it would take to correct it. When I called our coordinator I was told it was fine and that the birth certificate is the most important. Great, but I still need to know THE name of my son's birthfather. He will need to know it. I've added it to the list of things to figure out on my next trip.

Now the passport. When we talked on Friday I was told he would be getting the application this week. Yesterday, that changed to "As soon as possible, probably next week." So, we've been waiting and waiting for this birth certificate so that we can apply for the passport, but now that we have it, we are not applying immediately because our coordinator has other stuff to do I guess. I'm concerned as I know that there are 3 families headed over there on Friday.

I'm not sure what God has in store for us and why we are hitting every single bump in the road. Not all adoptions are like this. If we didn't need to correct the adoption decree, we would have had it March 30th. Then, if the birth certificate had only taken a week, we would have already applied for the passport long ago.. but like I said, every.single.bump.

2 comments:

  1. BUMPS! Frustrating and irritating! What helped me get through all three 'waits' was thinking about the good and knowing that God would bring them home when it was time. "Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful." ~Zig Ziglar While we would rather have everything go smooth God knows us and knows our children He brings to us and when the right time is. The adversity is usually our training for what lies ahead. We only see it after it has passed and give thanks to God that He allowed us to be ready for it and trained it for us. Saying some prayers that God smooths out the bumps and brings Ki Ki home soon. Paul read once that God knows even the number of hairs on our head, He knows just what we need and when if we trust in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so tough to wait through all of this! I'm so sorry as I know how hard it can be. Just a heads up....keep in mind the Birth Certificate and Social Welfare Report DO need to match when you file your I600 or you will run into problems there. In other words the Father's name needs to match on all documents that are submitted for your I600.

    Hang tough!!!

    ReplyDelete