Monday, May 16, 2011

Another week

Yep, another week. No birth certificate. I'm sick, upset and well.. pissed. I'm furious that I'm continually told I will get it within a few days and then get nothing. I'm even more upset that today I got an email saying that our coordinator was at the birth certificate office and that he would get back to me by the end of the day. Well, it's almost 11 pm in Ghana. Pretty sure that is past the "end of the day".

I cannot believe that people can be so careless when a child is involved. He has officially been our son since March 17th. 2 months we have been waiting to just be able to apply for the passport which I've been told is the longest part of the process.

I'm about ready to get on a plane.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry things seem at a stand-still. Dang it. It's so difficult to depend on someone else for so long with little or no results. Hang in there sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so, so sorry. I won't give you the line about how God is in control and all that Jazz. I know it doesn't really help to hear that when you just want your baby home!! I don't know if it helps to hear (probably not), but about 90% of the Ghanaians I've met have a very hard time giving realistic time frames. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "by Friday" or "by end of week" and it not happen. We like to think our guys in Ghana are in control, but they aren't. They are at the mercy of government agencies, just like we are here in the U.S.. Except there, an official can just not show up for weeks at a time, or refuse to do his job without a bribe. Sometimes our guys can't do anything except wait and hope and pray. Praying for this stinkin' birth certificate to reveal itself!
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're right. It may be time to make an in-person visit again. I'm praying things speed up and this will just be a memory before long!
    Gramma Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry your wait is being dragged out Heather. I believe Ghana has a pretty fast time frame compared with other countries. Though this is hard (trust me, I know) and it seems like no one is doing anything or they add extra steps just to make things more difficult or take longer (so it seems). God is working on you through this process. This roller coaster ride won't last forever. I will be praying for word soon and for your sanity in the meantime! Hopefully we will be traveling soon so if there is anything we can do for you while we are there to save you a trip, let us know!

    ReplyDelete