Saturday, February 19, 2011

Little Dresses for Africa




Today I received 3 boxes FULL of dresses and "britches" for the children in Africa. If you haven't done so already, you need to check out this organization. I don't even know how many I received yet - I'll find out when I pack them for the trip in air-tight bags to give more space. I do know that I have over 60 pounds of them!

This is a bit of a problem because I only get 2 free checked bags. My bag and clothes for my special little one(s) is just my carry-on. I then have 2 bags worth to fit all the donations... I'm thinking I need a minimum of 3 bags to make this work, but Delta wants to charge $200 for the 3rd bag. Can you believe it?!

I'm going to make some calls tomorrow to see what can be done. Worst case: I have to take some of these donations on our next trip when Chris will be with me and we'll get to take 4 bags of donations and maybe even 1 carry-on of donations!

3 comments:

  1. If you are out of room don't worry about picking up our dresses, you can wait for the next trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAVE A VERY SAFE TRIP - SO EXCITED TO HEAR ALL ABOUT YOUR LITTLE ONE OR ONES? HUM - TAKE PICTURES AND PLEASE SHARE FOR US ALL. AND IF YOU FIND A WAY TO GET DONATIONS OVER THERE - WE'LL LOVE TO HEAR ALL ABOUT IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a "direct" address that we could send the "little dresses"? We could use your address for the "return".

    ReplyDelete