Monday, August 30, 2010

Big changes already

Prior to signing up with our current agency, I called and asked them about the timeline for our adoption. We were told 18-24 months. Wow. Longer than we thought. We had thought 12-18 months, but we knew we'd be as quick with the paperwork as possible so, we'd be on the 18 months side of things.

Fast forward a week, a bunch of paperwork and a significant payment. I called to talk about the process since we had not spoken to anyone or received information about the actual process (of course, we already knew the process from research and others blogs, but I wanted to hear them walk me through it). The woman on the phone, who seems rushed and in a hurry to get off the phone me, let me know that from the time the paperwork is submitted, it would take 18-24 months of waiting to be matched! Then, another 8 months to bring our baby home.

Basically, we'd be adopting 2 - 2 1/2 years from now.

I'm all about "let go and let God" but that was such a huge difference from the 1 - 1 1/2 years to bring our baby home. I fretted about it all weekend and Chris and I decided to call another agency first thing Monday morning. Sure enough, they are processing in the 12-18 month range because they work with 5 orphanages  instead of 1. They were also much more friendly.

That was it. I called the other agency and we'll be pulling out from there and starting with this new agency today!

No comments:

Post a Comment